Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Allwinner a20 Set Top Android Tools/IMG files

So after emailing almost every supplier of the box I posted, I finally got a link to the IMG original file.  I've uploaded the files to my google drive.

I've also tested and using the Justop DroiBox Ace firmware for my box.  That box is based off from Allwinner a20 also.  They seem to be actively developing.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1vgV8Tn0LSHM1RvSzhMdzNjRmM&usp=sharing

That is a folder with all the stuff.  It also includes the XBMC XAF version I'm using.  XAF XBMC allows you and comes set up with external players.  Now for allwinners a20 boxes, I use the pre-built in TvdVideo since it can play all codecs/files I've thrown at it.  So in that folder is a playercorefactory.xml file.

These needs to be placed in your:
sdcard/android/data/com.xbmc.org/files/.xbmc/userdata

If anyone needs the TvdVideo.apk let me know, I can add it.

Hope this helps someone.

7 comments:

  1. I can't see any image files in the drive? Am I blind or are they not included.

    I currently have a Generic Android TV Box with;

    Dual Core A20 1ghz
    Mali-400 GPU
    4GB Storage
    1GB DDR3 Ram

    SoftwinerEvb Rom 4.2.2
    ver 1.2
    Kernel 3.3.0
    Build softwinerEvb 4.2.2 sugar_rell001-eng-4.2.2JDQ39-201-30927-testkeys.

    The box will not load beyond booting up to a black flickering screen, I know there is a way to flash an new recovery and rom from the SDHC card slot.

    The box is the first one I ordered off the company, and when I updated busy box it all went wrong and wouldn't mount internal storage. Anyway, after long and tortuous emails with the chinese supplier they sent me a replacement, as they didn't seem to grasp that I wanted the original rom and correct flashing procedure. I have been playing around with this box now since I received the replacement and tried a Myriad of A20 Roms, but to no avail.

    Anyway, any help will be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://forums.justop.com/forum11.html?sid=7d428071ac09f07a4da057c4787da817

      That's the justop with the allwinner a20 chip. I returned this box and went with the MX boxes based on the Amlogic 8726MX chipset. Internal XBMC HW Acceleration. Just all around better IMO.

      Delete
  2. Hi Need help on Allwinner a20 smart tv box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. Maybe you can help me with my problem. I bought a noname Chinese SMART MEDIA PLAYER Mini PC resembling in appearance, features and technical details with this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dual-Core-Android-4-2-2-Smart-TV-Box-Pro-Media-Player-1080P-WIFI-HDMI-XBMC-YOUTU-/310953226142?_trksid=p2054897.l4275 . In one of the tests I've done I selected to display the last option. I do not know who it was (maybe you are kind and post a printscreen with sub display). Since then no longer see any HDMI or AV than the blackscreen. After booting enter blackscreen. Has a hole in the back where he is a reset button. I tried, by pressing all the variations. 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 30 seconds, until it starts ..... just managed to reset or get into recovery. Player have root by default. We could not do anything. Please help me. Maybe I'll be able to make it up somehow someday. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great News,
    AVOV Android Set Top Box allows you to stream your favorite movies, TV shows, and sporting events legally right to your TV! You can enjoy live TV through internet on your television. set top streaming boxes for Canada

    ReplyDelete
  5. Discover the series of quad core amlogic s812 cTV Boxortex A9 2.0 tv box and enjoy high quality video from eweat.com online store at affordable prices.

    ReplyDelete